Saturday 29 June 2013

Indigo Obsession




I have been obsessed with using the colour indigo blue in my work, including my paintings and drawings.
I have always been drawn to blue, especially indigo, and when I am deciding my pallet this colour comes very intuitively to me.
Growing up in the Middle East, I saw a lot of blue in tile works and handy crafts. I believe that the culture and geography of the land in which you grew up has a great influence on your subconscious colour memory. No matter where you travel or live the colours that you felt will be forever in your memory.


Here is some of my Indigo Obsession collection


From left: Blue Mousque Tabriz Iran I Lace Earing by whiteowl
 Blue Mousque Tabriz-Iran I Persian blue vase by SnapshotsThroughTime
Isfahan_Iran I Moonrise Garden By Inthemysticgarden
pottery tile fragments Isfahan iran 17th I Sibella Court I
 Ori-nui Shibori (meandering stream) Indigo on cotton,1912





No comments:

Post a Comment